It is among the most popular degree addresses in the university world, also because a specialization in Finance, compared to a general path in Economics, guarantees even more job opportunities in the corporate and consultancy world at an international level.
The specializations, achieved or already during the three-year period – for example by choosing a path in bank finance or in the management of international financial markets- or with courses in banking and finance, allow to emerge with respect to the thousands of students who each year obtain the degree in economics.
As for real jobs, here’s what kind of job you can do once you specialize in finance with the help of consulting ASSK academy of business management:
- Financial analyst- It is a typical work outlet for those who have a background in Business & Finance. The figure is highly sought after by companies or international signatures of economic consultancy and investment banks because it determines the optimal capital structure of companies and their financing needs through equity, debt and derivative securities.
- Trader, broker and financial intermediary- This role is often held by freelancers and self-employed consultants who work in the financial markets to make a profit. In fact, only those with training in finance can make speculative investments using funds and capital from other companies or third parties. Today this profile must mature digital skills for the use of online trading platforms but it is increasingly employed by start-ups and fintech companies that apply block chain technologies to investment mechanisms.
- Portfolio manager- Unlike the trader, the portfolio manager is a very popular job outlet in brokerage firms and investment funds. A manager’s job is to diversify investments to maximize profit and contain losses in their entirety.
- Risk manager- It is a fundamental control and preventive analysis role within banks, asset management companies, securities brokers and insurance companies. Those who carry out this work must in fact assess the riskiness of investment, acquisition or merger operations with respect to the solidity of the company or institution for which the risk manager works. It therefore has a role of great responsibility.
- Financial advisor- Unlike the intermediary, the financial advisor does not physically manage the capital of others, but has a great responsibility: to recommend the best administrative and investment strategies to companies and individual entrepreneurs.
- Chief Financial Officer- It is the role of those who, on behalf of the company or a sector or industry, must develop strategies and identify the most appropriate lines of financing to develop a business or to guarantee economic solidity for the company.
- Director of finance and control administration. This position is offered to senior and experience profiles because it involves becoming responsible for the administrative and financial management of a company and managing managers and consultant teams.
- Business consultant. It is a work outlet halfway between the analyst and the consultant. In fact, the business consultant must speak and deal with one, two, ten different companies- generally already clients of a consultancy company.
Business analyst and Business Intelligence analyst. This position is generally offered in the consultancy sector and by companies. It consists in developing strategies to create new business opportunities by advising companies on what moves to make to obtain a good market position.