The field of banking is rather vast and the roles are very well defined. Therefore, one has to go for the banking training courses for better understanding of the designations. One such designation is that of the relationship manager.
Relationship managers normally assist those group of customers who the bank can have a long-term relationship with owing to the fact that they have high amount of resources and investment capacities. If needed, the customers can be in direct communication with these relationship managers outside of the banking hours as well. In other words, all the customers with a certain net-worth or salary are assigned relationship managers. If you happen to be an MBA and also have done a job oriented course in banking then you are likely to be an ideal pick for this job. The primary goal of this job profile is to bring much business as possible to the banks.
A detailed info on the same suggests the following important tasks that a bank relationship manager must fill.
- They are supposed to strengthen the bank-customer relationships and maximize business.
- It is the their duty to filter and identify key contacts who could be potential client thereby fostering relationships
- Become part of the one-on-one meetings with clients to explain services to guide their choices
- They also need to understand the exact needs of the clients and identify ways the business could better address those needs
- Make the bank’s business grow by identifying new sales and business development opportunities
- If need be, the bank relationship manager must also cross-sell or upsell to existing clients
- Keep track of the activities of the nearest competitors to proactively satisfy and retain the clients
- Positive reputation is important and the same has to be provided in the best manner.
- Bank relationship managers need to set revenue targets and try to hit that mark by executing a strategy to meet them
The banking sector’s landscape has changed a lot in the recent decades and the strategy to increase the business of the banks has become a lot more aggressive. In order to meet their goals, they hire only those candidates who have the most profound knowledge. The institutes like assk academy of business management can be a great source of guidance of the same with their methodical course and the right course modules.
Banking job is one of the most desirable as well as one of the highest paying jobs which have been vied by many over the years. Therefore, one needs to have an extensive preparation for the same as the competition is rather intense. One also needs to focus on the bank training academies in delhi that offer the well crafted courses. In order to know the industry know better, let us take a look at the various posts of banking jobs. Having an idea for such posts and designations can help you have a more precise and profound approach to the preparation.
- Clerk: Clerical jobs in a bank are the starting point for a career in banking. Clerks are assigned duty such as interacting with customers, maintaining an account, creating reports. In government banks, the clerks are mostly given the task to handle the daily transactions at the cash counters.
- Probationary Officer: Candidates with a degree are considered eligible for PO position. Over a period of time, many candidates elevate to the ranks of of MD or CEO. A probationary officer is ranked above the clerk and enjoys higher pay grade and salary as well. Clerks too can become PO through internal promotions.
- Specialist Officer: Specialist Officers work in specific departments like engineering, systems, marketing, management, public relations, and they are important. Specialist officers can be given the responsibility of the loan department wherein their primary job may be that of assessing and analysing the capacity/credibility of those who apply for loans. Only after due verification do the specialist officers sanction the loans to the applicants based on the capacity to repay loans and their past records. A specialist officer may also have to do the job of technical end of things. For instance, the specialist officers with an engineering background may also be recruited into the IT department to take care of the technology assets of the organisation. Usually, candidates who have relevant job oriented banking courses are preferred for this position.
- Agriculture Officer (as Part of SO): The banking field extends to the field of agriculture as well and there is also the task of giving loans to farmers. They work on agricultural loans and help people from rural areas. Candidates with a background in agriculture, veterinary science and horticulture are preferred for this post.
So if you thought it is only the PO and clerical post that you must eye for successful career in banking, it is time you had a look at these equally lucrative designations as well.
We are witnessing an increasingly aggressive market, shaken by waves of mergers and acquisitions that reduce the number of contenders, raising the level of competition between professionals and managers; the banking industry is bound to change rapidly. Career paths change, increasingly based on results rather than seniority. And the hunt for talented people from the banking and financial sectors is launched, with the promise of fast careers. Provided you change the institution. Having a career in private banks in India is the dream of many: a prestigious profession that promises above-average earnings. But the banking jobs do not recruit all and sundry for this process. It is due to the fact that the increase in the complexity of financial and banking transactions require qualified preparation also for those who can already boast of work experience. Moreover the following reasons also show the core structure of banks.
- Banks form the finance ecosystem- Money is something that will always be important and necessary. With money, we pay for purchases, invest currency in profitable industries and start a piggy bank in the form of a bank account. All financial transactions are conducted through the bank, the legal account is in the bank, loans in the bank and in general the bank is one big piggy bank for many people at once. The bank is one of the most sustainable systems. If there is no bank, there will be no economy. Here you will always have a job, and where work is there and stability! And if there is no economy, then you will no longer need work.
- It is getting IT- oriented- Due to the fact that the bank is primarily engaged in finance and work with clients, there is still a need for economists, analysts, and marketing specialists. After all, to be able to talk about even the most intelligent technologies you need to be able to. So do not hesitate: the bank is an IT company in the future, in which it will be easier for you to merge and find your place after bank training certificate in delhi.
- Sure shot leap in career– Although banks become IT, giants, they still need time to get stronger and fully settle in a technological society. And still, young specialists who are ready to take the initiative, learn new things and manage innovative projects. New directions are developing rapidly at a pace (because laggards often accelerate to catch up with those ahead) and if today you are an ordinary employee who tests innovative credit scoring method or introduces flexible management methodologies, after a year you are an expert in your business and manager department that started with you.