Banking is a specialty that is becoming more widespread. It is not surprising since the number of banks and banking organizations in our country is rapidly increasing.
Specialists in the field of banking are quite in demand at present. They can easily find work in various organizations. They are recruited to investment organizations, financial institutions, credit organizations, exchanges. You can also get a job in an insurance company or the planning department of the company.
Banking specialists can work in various structures of enterprises. Among the most popular are such departments: investment, lending, securities, dealing. There are also stock, legal, accounting and economic divisions. In all these departments specialists are needed. So you understand that if you associate your profession with this field of activity, then without work, you will not remain on condition of a successful graduation from a higher education institution.
The duties of specialists depending on the organization they are going to work for. For example, if it is a credit department, the responsibilities include: accepting applications for a loan, analyzing the financial state of the client, the reliability of collateral.
Also, an expert will need to examine business projects for which the borrower takes a loan, to control the use of funds, to monitor the security of the pledge. That is, such an employee ensures the protection of making a deal for a banking organization.
On what specialties to study?
For employment in a banking or financial organization, you will need to get a banking diploma in the specialty “Economics” and preferably finish the master’s degree in Finance and Credit. Specialists can choose two areas of future activity: financial and credit and Continue reading
Working in the banking and finance sector offers a broad range of possibilities within the same area, although specialization is also necessary. Here, we will look at the main job opportunities in the financial sector, how to get there and what profiles are the most demanded.
How to work in the financial sector?
If you are interested in the economy, banking or finance in general and would like to dedicate to it, the first thing is the banking & finance courses. As in all sectors, specialization can be the key to achieving the position we want.
The main studies that can lead you to work in the financial sector are:
- Degree in finance and accounting.
- Degree in economics.
- Degree in Economics and Finance.
- Degree in Finance, Banking, and Insurance.
- Degree in Business Administration and Management.
- Banking and finance diploma
Also, to work in the finance sector, it can also be accessed through other non-economy-related careers, provided that there is specific additional training in the particular field in which it is to be worked (e.g., a mathematician With training in banking products).
The most demanded profiles in the financial sector
- The controller of credit risk: they are the ones in charge of analyzing and controlling the credit risk of the Bank Commercial and budgets. The necessary training to access this position is a Master in Banking, economics, and finance or ADE.
- Risk Analyst: study and monitor the risks that companies may have with banking companies. To work as a risk analyst, you need a master’s degree in Banking or specific training in risk analysis.
- Technical responsible for personal insurance: they create new products and follow up on the client portfolio. Training is required along with banking and finance diploma.
- Foreign trade manager advises companies that are customers in financial institutions with their activity in other countries. They are in charge of developing and managing international financing operations and need specific training in Foreign Trade or International Relations.
- Analyst of risk models: develop mathematical models to apply to risk management in financial institutions. The necessary training is from banking and finance institute is required.
- Quantitative market risk analyst: they are in charge of managing and developing corporate risk applications. It is needed mathematicians or physicists specializing in investment fund management.
- IT Technician: develop applications and implement systems. IT training is required for banking.
- Responsible for product: define the commercial and marketing plan and develop new goods and services. The necessary training is masters in banking or marketing.
- Compliance Technician: manage and supervise compliance with the laws in force in each department.
Financial agent: Finally, if you are interested in working in the financial sector, another of the profiles most demanded is that of financial agent, who manage the portfolio of clients independently guiding them in the intermediation of products of the entities in exchange for a commission. You need a master’s degree in banking or financial markets from banking and finance institute.